Monday, March 23, 2009

B&W Kenna 365/38

Poor Kenny, she got shots today. A lot of them too. Today marked a milestone for Kenna. She had her Kindergarten check up. It was fun to watch her get weighed and tell her ABC's to the Dr. I especially enjoyed seeing the surprise on his face when he asked her who the president was to which she responded, "Barack Obama". He accused me of prepping her before the appointment but I am proud to say she knew that answer all by herself. All of the appointment was fun and made me realize how fast they grow up. There's a downside to this appointment however. She got 5 shots, a TB test, a prick on her finger and a urinalysis. Hmmm...there's something quite horrifying to me and I'm pretty sure to her too when I have to pin my daughter down while the nurse continually inflicts pain on her one needle at a time. I hope, years down the road, she'll understand that this was for her ultimate good and the pain on her legs and arms will diminish along with the memory of her mommy pinning her down.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment