Saturday, May 22, 2010

Amgen Tour 2


Amgen Tour 2
Originally uploaded by S.Car
We were pretty excited here in our small town for our 2nd annual "tour de lance" Amgen sponsered via Radio Shack event. Artistically I need to attend one of these after I've had a drink or two...and sans kids. I need to have my great camera with the awesome lens that Napoleon would be envious of and fewer inhibitions than Monica Lewinski to be able to capture this race properly. I would lie in the middle of the road to take a picture and have them all part around me as they cycle on by. Maybe I just need connections to be in the pace car. To add insult to injury, they circled around us 3 times. One would think this would be a great opportunity to set up for the best shot. Unfortunately, I only was anticipating 2 loops around us. When they arrived for the 3rd time I was deep in conversation with Sharon, Kristi and Sara. When they approached I didn't have the camera ready but I was able to see Lance very easily. Oh well, there's hopefully next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment