Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chocolate Mascarpone

 
Jacie helped me make this the other day. She is such a big help in the kitchen now. She learned to separate eggs and make a custard. We even candied the pecans to crumble on top.

This is a favorite of mine from an Italian restaurant in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I can't help but think of college times. Because we're predominantly an estrogen-based household, we have some big fans residing here. I had to convince my pickiest eater that it was chocolate pudding (what an abomination!) but after that he loves it too. Someday I will explain to him that this is the fine-dining version of chocolate pudding. What was I thinking though? It would just mean more for the females in this home who can really appreciate chocolatey goodness.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment