Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Clavicle

 
If you look closely at the upper left side of the x-ray you will see where the little guy broke his clavicle. He was a tough little guy. After visiting 2 walk-in clinics last night and his pediatrician today he has endured a lot of Dr. visits. Here are some quotes from the past 24 hours.

When getting Carter situated on the examining table, I asked him, "What can I do for you?" He replied, "Just comfort me."

While walking out of the Urgent Care, Blake said, "You did a great job, Carter. You were really brave. "It was nothing." was his response.

Helping him to lay on his side in bed, Carter said, "I have a tiny little bit of pain, just a little bit. . . like a circle." This was several hours after his injury and me realizing I hadn't given him anything for the pain.

After leaving the pediatrician, walking to our car I explained to him that he would have to wear his figure-eight strap/wrap for 2 weeks, Carter said, "You gotta be kidding me."

Needless to say, we're very thankful it wasn't more. I'm amazed at how fast the Dr. says it will heal. And I'm astonished that while looking this up onine last night that this is the most common break for a child. Ouch!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Poor little guy. Blake and Carla, your kids are absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for sharing them with us on the other side of the US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! We will pray that it all heals up quickly. Your little quotes from him are just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor guy! I also broke that bone when I was younger-not fun! Hope all is well soon.

    ReplyDelete