Thursday, June 7, 2012

Amphibians

We brought our tent trailer to the dairy yesterday. It's always a fun time. We get to have coffee with Opa and experience rural life. I can tell though that my kids have not grown up on or near a dairy. At our arrival they were turning up their nose at the smell and asking if they were walking on cow poop (mud and rice hulls). First, let me just say that I can't believe they can be squeamish about it. Second, they don't know the difference between cow excrement and muddy rice hulls. Hmmmm, you may NOT be a redneck if. . . Anyway, after coffee time they got to catch some frogs. We brought 3 frogs home with us and put them in our abandoned fish aquarium. It is now an amphibian terrarium. Maybe living in the "city" produces rapid, resourceful thinking. Anyway, I think this frog is comforting the remaining frog, yes, I said remaining. The other has gladly escaped from our children's clutches. But not before consuming his fair share of baby crickets.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what I love more, the great capture with your camera or the writing describing it. Nice job, C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will gladly donate some flies if you need some toad
    food.

    ReplyDelete