Monday, February 20, 2012

Prez

 
We got to see and hear President George W. Bush a few nights ago at the Farm Show. We had some generous parents, who are very thankful for Blake and his impact on their daughter, buy us tickets to see him. I was disappointed because I saw that we were not allowed cameras in the place, so being the law-abiding citizen I am, I didn't bring my camera. We enjoyed a delicious dinner catered by Fugazzi's, enjoyed a few commercials for the Army, Navy and Marines and then when President Bush was introduced, everyone pulled out their concealed cameras, cell phones and other recording devices. I regretted following the rules. I guess it would be really neat to read this and find out that I learned a very valuable lesson in following the rules and I was rewarded greatly by being allowed back stage afterwards to have a moment with George by myself and was given an autographed picture. But I wasn't. We really had a great time and felt lucky to be able to attend something like this and well, I'm still thinking, "I wish I had brought in my camera." You're probably now wondering, "How did she acquire this picture then?" Well, I would love to give credit to a fellow member at our table for giving me the picture but then you would all know he didn't follow the rules. Disclaimer: It wasn't any member of the party that purchased the tickets for us either.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment